Friday, December 08, 2006

dogs and fleas bears

Christmas is coming and Bill and I will be by ourselves this year. Al will be at the inlaws and Ron and Joan are going to Nashville. I don't blame them I would love to go to but Bill has pnomonia and a bad shoulder. He has an apt. with Dr. Sorba onthe 14th. I thought that was a guy on a tv.show but he is a orthapedic guy.
It was the night before christmas and all through the house , not a creature was stiring except
Haley who was whining . That dog never stops. She has had a problem ever since Spanky left.
We could not figure out what was wrong with her. She would jump up and rush around the kitchen rubbing herself on anything that was handy. I took her to the vet and paid $100. He couldn't figure it out , he checked all the usual stuff , glands ,fleas , hips . Gave her a shot in case. three weeks later she is the same. Ron and Joan came and the dog was laying on her back with her four feet in the air ( a boxer) Joan could see she was infested with fleas and that was the problem.What a releaf to figure that behavour.I had been feeding the dog asprine because she was so desprate. We rushed out to buy flea stuff. She is better now but still a whiny dog.
I have been taking her out for walks . I took her up a logging trail at the back of us and found bear tracks but I didn't see the bear. I do know he is back there and its not very far from the
road. sometimes I venture up that road but not too far. I wonder if the bear will hibernate so that I can use the road. The problem with the street we live on is I don't want to meet another dog . Haley is 95lb. and if she got in a fight I couldn't do a thing . I am not strong enough.
I feel sorry for dogs . I think they should have jobs to keep them busy. Haley sleeps most of the time . No wonder she crys. I would too .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home