Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's day 2007


Hello all you mothers. I have been reflecting lately about being a mother and want to tell some things I have learned. I was very young and nieve as a youg bride just bumping along doing what came next. I had no goals , no dreams, nor thought of the future. What came along I excepted. I did what I had to.

Then Joan came along . I had no experence with children not having any relatives in this country and my Mom and Dad where in Florida . So no one to ask except Dr. Spock. (Liz says ."and he was not much good) thinking I was referring to the one on the space ship.

Denise arrived 18 months later. It was only that God was looking after us even befor I knew Him, that I survived.

We lived in a cottage like home in Estaire just south of Sudbury . Bill was a gaurd at a prison. Burwash. There were a lot of hard to handle things , like no water and two babies in diapers (no disposables then) I had to fetch water from a spring. Water bubbled up out of the ground. I am ready for Africa! with no water came no toilet, sink, bath. I did melt snow sometimes to wash.

That was handy and once I washed the diapers in the Wanupatie river.

Bill remembers this place as the best time of his life???? but not me.

After I became a Christian (about the time Tim was born) 1961 i would think that I would like to do some big thing for God but I was out in the bush and had kids to look after . I did'nt have a car and even if I did I couldn't drive:)

While reading one of Elizabeth Elliot's books I learned that If I was a mother now that is what God wanted me to do . Hey is that simple or what.? Are you a wife ? be a good one. That is the will of God for you. So just keep trudging along in what ever you are right now.

You know, that is not easy to do .You feel you want to do big things but your stuck.

Well now I know that being a mother is a big thing and I see the rewards of sticking in there

After all I did a big thing without even knowing it . With 4 children, 10 grandchildren and 6 great grandchildren I am blessed without measure. I have my reward even before I die. I must Thank God for leading me along and giving me the strenth and sving me. We can do nothing without Him. So all you mothers keep on looking up and praying .

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 6:11 PM , Blogger J said...

Gramdma that is beautiful. I wish I had your strength. I'm learning.
Speaking of which, Grace is crying must go.
love you
amie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home