Saturday, June 30, 2007

This and That.








This is an unusual plant that grows in our back yard. It is named Prairie mist . You can see in one pic with the nodding headswhat it looks like at first then as it matures atclose inspection it looks like a mop of hairy string like petals? You can see why it is named Mist. I don't know much about this plant but think it is unusual. The other is a mushroom that grew by our shed .I believe it is a good eating one but as it was only one and we were wary we didn't eat it but did take a picture of it.

The dog's name is Haley and he is checking out the bird Jojo.(I didn't give it that name) In this pic the bird has all its feathers She then molted and never has come back to full feathers .She is gray fuzz belly and back but the wings and tail are green. I put her in the front window thinking she may need more sun but it has not helped her. I would like to let her go so she could fly south but I don't think she could find her way and I know she would freeze in winter also there is a hawk circling over the house. No I guess she is better off in the cage.

Sat. afternoon time to go to the dump bye for now Love Mom

1 Comments:

At 4:10 PM , Blogger Denise said...

I am sure selling her would be a better solution. The buyer would be happy and so would you. You could buy dog food with the proceeds for a few years.
I saw people picking those mushrooms (which Diane identified as a Morel). They are very good eating.
We are at the Schreiber Voyageur restaurant tonight and will be staying in their parking lot tonight for free (even free plug in)! Amazing what asking will do.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home