Sunday, December 17, 2006

my cutting mat


Since the last time I posted our computer has had a new motherboard ( hey thats a good scrabble word) and Now we have one gig of memory. It sure has sped up .
Last year I bought a cutting mat at Micheals . It is a plastic mat that is used to cut paper or material on They are very expensive. Now when I got this one it was about $50 . and I got the 40% off so that is not to bad. I got it home ( it was in a plastic covering) I took that off but the smell permeating from it was so bad that I placed it outside on the deck for a week .It still had a smell but I put up with it. Well last month when we had flood in the basement I had to take everything up stairs while things were drying out. In the process I lifted the mat off of the work table and noticed that the smell was still quite strong. Now that was after a year , and I had been working in an enclosed basement room all last winter.(There are no windows that open)
I decided to complain and take the mat back to Micheals but they told me that I needed a bill which I had destroyed not too long ago. so I got nowhere with that. She did tell me that they had changed the brand. I suppose they had a lot of complaints. I went to look at the new type they were carrying and was amazed that the price was a lot more .The size I had was now $179.00
I would never pay that price. I am left with deciding what to do now .I think I am going to put it out side and use my little old one. I think I am jepordizing my health using the stinky thing.
This is a quilt I made and gave to a mission in China. I have started on a new one that has pieces about the size of bricks . I first saw it in a magazine then last week on Corner Gas . the older women in that show had a version of it on her couch.
That is my sad story . I tried to put on another picture but it didn't work . I must have done something wrong. Oh well bye for now Mom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home