Monday, December 18, 2006

My cutting Mat


This is my studio Scott.
Even though you can't really see it there is a cutting mat on the table there. I bought it about a year ago at MICHEALS . When I first got it I took the plastic covering off of it and it was permeating a very strong plastic fumes so I placed it outside to air out . A week later I brought it in . It still had a strong odor but I wanted to use it. I must have gotten used to the smell because I didn't really bother me very much. I worked all last winter in that room that does not have an opening window.
Not long ago when there was a large downfall of rain our basement was flooded and everything in this room had to be taken out to put in a new floor and carpet . When I lifted up the cutting mat I noticed that it was still very strong odor from it . Then I decided to go back to get my money back but they told me without the bill I was out of luck. So now I have to figure out what to do . I believe that I am jepordizing my health using the
mat so I think I will put it out in the shed and use my old one,. MICHEALS told me they are now using a differant brand . I wonder why???. I bought the large one and it was about $50. The new ones are $179. I can't believe it. but they are not enclosed in plastic covering and you can tell they don't smell. Anyway that is my story of my cutting mat.

The quilt you see here is one I made and gave to the China mission.

Bye for now Mom

2 Comments:

At 10:15 AM , Blogger Scott Orr said...

i think that they should give you a new one. It's not your fault that it stinks. And if they carry that exact board then they don't need to know if you did or did not by it there.

What if you sprayed it with cologne. Or poured maple syrup on it to give it a new smell?

 
At 11:22 AM , Blogger Denise said...

When I bought my DAWGS those plastic shoes they stunk up the whole house too. It must have something to do with the closed cell material they use - it does sound dangerous. Couldn't they give you a gift cert. instead of money back?
denise

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home