Friday, March 16, 2007

THEY'R BACK AGAIN!







This morning as I was laying in bed praying in that land between dream and reality I peeped out and saw a red blur,

a bird flitting across my sight path. I reached across and felt for my glasses and put them on. Sure enough a male cardinal sat out on the closeby tree and then he was gone.

I know that cardinals do not go south but the do change their behavior. These pictures are of last years episode that lasted about a month. I will keep track this year.

What happened was the female cardial did not like the look of the red top that was on my talc on my window sill and she began to try to attack it. She bashed herself against my window.

she would sit in the pear tree and then take a swoop and hit the window. I tried to get a good picture of that happening but with the electronic camera there is a second or two lag that gave her time to get away. In these pictures there is a male waiting for her in the bush you see .Well barely see it

I can't get the picture to get bigger. The other top is her flying back away from the window . Her wings are spread.

Then there she is peeping in my window. By this time I removed the bottle.

What happened next is she went to the front of the house an started at the basement window with an red impatience in bloom. at last she even attacked the wood shop window. Then they gave up and went and built a nest and attended to buisness.
The last picture is her outside the workshop window. Mom
These pictures do not come out very clear.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 8:47 PM , Blogger J said...

I'm pretty ignorant about this stuff, so pardon my question. Are female cardinal yellow then? And the guys are red. I loved the pictures.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home